19 Stratheden Road , Blackheath , London Area , SE3 7TH
At Pointers we pride ourselves on developing pupils who are self-confident and generous in spirit. We do not believe in selecting pupils based on academic ability: we are an inclusive school for all. Instead, we look for pupils who are intellectually curious, enthusiastic to learn, and keen to take advantage of the co-curricular opportunities that Pointers has to offer. You will notice a Pointers pupil for their kindness and resilience but also for their good sense of humour and happy nature. We raise all our pupils in the Christian faith but enjoy a diverse community that includes pupils from all religions.
We are reflective of London in our international make-up with pupils coming from across the world! We have pupils and parents from every continent (less Antarctica, that remains an aim!). Over a quarter of our pupils are bi-lingual and many are even tri-lingual.
At The Pointer School we are:
- Christian and community focused. Our pupils grow up with a sense of belonging and respect for the diverse world that we live in.
- Character driven. Our pupils are resilient and have a strong sense of self-efficacy and integrity. They all achieve more than they first thought possible. Our staff have high expectations instilling a caring attitude, good manners and confidence in all pupils.
- Academically rich. We offer a charmingly traditional school curriculum that is also progressive and forward-thinking. We prepare our intellectually-curious pupils for the right secondary school and we are unashamedly ambitious for each and every student.
- More than just a classroom. We believe in a holistic approach to education and our bespoke co-curricular programme allows all pupils to find their interests outside the classroom, whatever they might be.
- Internationally proud. Our community of pupils, parents and teachers includes over 50 nationalities from six continents (seven remains an ambition!) reflecting modern-day London and the future world our children will lead.
If you wish to view us, please contact the us to book in a visit.
Copyright @2023 Nurseriesandschools.org.